HPC and big data storage supplier DataDirect Networks (DDN) is gearing up for expansion, growing its operations and adding information extraction software onto its data storage platform roots. The company, the largest privately owned storage company, according to IDC, with a $200m annual revenue run rate, has just recruited …
DDN and GPFS
I have a couple friends at DDN myself (both among the new hires) it seems from their story a lot of their key stuff is because of IBM's GPFS at least on the NAS front. They support a few other file systems as well but it seems like GPFS is the king for the most part in their books.
Only mention it because the article sort of implies IBM is the sole provider of GPFS-based NAS based on DDN hardware when DDN does the same thing without the fancy IBM branding.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball