HPC and big data storage supplier DataDirect Networks (DDN) is gearing up for expansion, growing its operations and adding information extraction software onto its data storage platform roots. The company, the largest privately owned storage company, according to IDC, with a $200m annual revenue run rate, has just recruited …
DDN and GPFS
I have a couple friends at DDN myself (both among the new hires) it seems from their story a lot of their key stuff is because of IBM's GPFS at least on the NAS front. They support a few other file systems as well but it seems like GPFS is the king for the most part in their books.
Only mention it because the article sort of implies IBM is the sole provider of GPFS-based NAS based on DDN hardware when DDN does the same thing without the fancy IBM branding.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait