Hitachi GST is now shipping internal fit, terabyte-per-platter drives. Back in May Seagate announced it would ship a terabyte-per-platter Barracuda by the mid-year point, but production problems are still delaying this bumper Barracuda bundle. Oddly Hitachi GST is only shipping single-platter versions of these new drives, …
At the top it says: "terabyte-per-platter drives"
Then it says: "have 250GB to 1TB capacities"
How does that work? They are fitting ¼ of a platter?
Doesn't that cause vibration problems? :)
Seriously I'm not impressed; just ordered a bunch of 7K3000 and am still waiting for them. Should've waited!
Give me Five!
C'mon Hitatchi, put five of these in a drive with 64MB Cache and I'll love you forever
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers