Hitachi GST is now shipping internal fit, terabyte-per-platter drives. Back in May Seagate announced it would ship a terabyte-per-platter Barracuda by the mid-year point, but production problems are still delaying this bumper Barracuda bundle. Oddly Hitachi GST is only shipping single-platter versions of these new drives, …
At the top it says: "terabyte-per-platter drives"
Then it says: "have 250GB to 1TB capacities"
How does that work? They are fitting ¼ of a platter?
Doesn't that cause vibration problems? :)
Seriously I'm not impressed; just ordered a bunch of 7K3000 and am still waiting for them. Should've waited!
Give me Five!
C'mon Hitatchi, put five of these in a drive with 64MB Cache and I'll love you forever
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins