Hitachi GST is now shipping internal fit, terabyte-per-platter drives. Back in May Seagate announced it would ship a terabyte-per-platter Barracuda by the mid-year point, but production problems are still delaying this bumper Barracuda bundle. Oddly Hitachi GST is only shipping single-platter versions of these new drives, …
At the top it says: "terabyte-per-platter drives"
Then it says: "have 250GB to 1TB capacities"
How does that work? They are fitting ¼ of a platter?
Doesn't that cause vibration problems? :)
Seriously I'm not impressed; just ordered a bunch of 7K3000 and am still waiting for them. Should've waited!
Give me Five!
C'mon Hitatchi, put five of these in a drive with 64MB Cache and I'll love you forever
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook