Hitachi GST is now shipping internal fit, terabyte-per-platter drives. Back in May Seagate announced it would ship a terabyte-per-platter Barracuda by the mid-year point, but production problems are still delaying this bumper Barracuda bundle. Oddly Hitachi GST is only shipping single-platter versions of these new drives, …
At the top it says: "terabyte-per-platter drives"
Then it says: "have 250GB to 1TB capacities"
How does that work? They are fitting ¼ of a platter?
Doesn't that cause vibration problems? :)
Seriously I'm not impressed; just ordered a bunch of 7K3000 and am still waiting for them. Should've waited!
Give me Five!
C'mon Hitatchi, put five of these in a drive with 64MB Cache and I'll love you forever
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?