Hitachi GST is now shipping internal fit, terabyte-per-platter drives. Back in May Seagate announced it would ship a terabyte-per-platter Barracuda by the mid-year point, but production problems are still delaying this bumper Barracuda bundle. Oddly Hitachi GST is only shipping single-platter versions of these new drives, …
At the top it says: "terabyte-per-platter drives"
Then it says: "have 250GB to 1TB capacities"
How does that work? They are fitting ¼ of a platter?
Doesn't that cause vibration problems? :)
Seriously I'm not impressed; just ordered a bunch of 7K3000 and am still waiting for them. Should've waited!
Give me Five!
C'mon Hitatchi, put five of these in a drive with 64MB Cache and I'll love you forever
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them