The Government Procurement Service is setting up a pan-government framework for Public Services Network (PSN) and associated communications equipment and services. An advertisement in the Official Journal of the European Union says the framework is valued at between £500m and £2bn. It will be divided into 10 lots covering …
I have letters, and I have numbers too
Am I the only one that immediately thought PSN = Play Station Network?
I was wondering if the whole of the government had decided to go the Sony route for their gaming experience...
I thought it was gonna be some kind of ultra fast fiber optic broadband roll out prior to them releasing MW3 in order to have super online gaming fun time.
"network of networks" ...
Is that like "system of systems"? ie a term coined to say "it's complicated, but I've got a handle on it (trust me)"?
Whatever, I thought the age of £0.5G+ procurements was over - where does the money come from?
Network of networks, where have I heard that term before?
Wasn't there some new interweb fangled thingy?
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who immediately thought "Oooh, free Playstation Network for the masses".
"Network of netowrks"
A sort of "Internetwork" as it were.
But developed in a more "Big bang," top down centrally planned way.
What could *possibly* go wrong with that plan?
Probably about as secure as its Sony namesake.
PSN = Play Station Network, FFS
Plain text only, no HTML.
Where does the money come from? From you and me, of course!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...