Feeds

back to article London Olympics journey planner crash effort launched

Transport for London (TfL) is running a high-speed procurement of a freight journey planner for the Olympic Games, with a tender in the Official Journal of the European Union, marked as an accelerated procedure and deemed "time-critical". The tender notice for a web-based system and interactive map application specifies just …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Coffee/keyboard

Outsource to Child Services...

then Give each driver a nice rooted OuchPad with the data files on a flash drive.

Web Based - Check

Interactive - Check

Cheap - Check

Lost Drivers due to Lost Data on Lost Flash drive - Check

No clogged roads around Olympic sites. - Check

OLDfIT Policy at its best

(Olympic Lorry Drivers for IT)

Bronze badge
WTF?

Nothing like planning ahead

As I said, NOTHING, like planning ahead.

If it follows similar IT projects it should go live by 2023 , but only work for journeys of 10 metres or less, taken by tortoise-back between the hours of 01:00 and 01:45; and cost less than twice the GDP of CHINA.

aka "TFL wants free consultancy"

To anyone tendering, if they ask for detailed design docs be very wary!

Assume everything you submit will be read by a crapita "consultant" :-(

Gold badge
WTF?

Come again?

"...should enable operators to plan efficient journeys during next year's Olympic Games..."

Efficient journeys? By road? In *London*?

I think they've just asked for a sat nav in a different universe......

Silver badge

Good, fast, cheap

Pick any two.

My guess is they'll go for fast and cheap...

Upvoted for truth.

A government project with a fixed end-date? I'm sure it'll be a runaway success.

Gold badge

Web-based ?

Yeah, the big people may have centrally provided route plans that could take this stuff into account, but everyone else will be doing what the sat-nav in their cab says. Or are they suggesting that the lorry drivers have a laptop on the dashboard to use their web-based service while they drive?

This topic is closed for new posts.