A strike by 45,000 workers at telecom giant Verizon helped flatten job creation in the US economy in August – literally. The Bureau of Labor Statistics has issued its monthly jobs report, and says that not only did the US economy fail to add any net-new workers last month, it also revised the number of jobs created in June and …
All according to plan
It's just political strategy really - massive unemployment will work against the current government office holders so if the opposition party can keep the unemployment numbers up then they stand a better chance of being elected.
Anyway, nobody who really matters to the Republican party is unemployed - the Bankers will all get big fat bonuses at the end of the year.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE