back to article VCE goes for Zaphod Beeblebrox management style

Two heads are better than one: Cisco and EMC's VCE joint-venture is moving forward with a chairman and a president, but no CEO. Zaphod Beeblebrox Mark Wing-Davey plus realistic-looking second head play Zaphod Beeblebrox in the TV adaptation of Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. VCE makes the converged IT stack Vblocks based …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Macca

Is it just me, or does spare head number 1 look like Paul McCartney?

Trollface

Just like old times

Chairman and President is how it used to be done. CEO is a more recent invention, along with the other not-so-much-alpha-people-as-alphabet-soup executive titles.

Silver badge

Sunglasses

Will they also have Zaphod's cool shades?

Bronze badge
Headmaster

not to be a pedantic twat...

...but I'm going to be a pedantic twat.

Although it's been a long time since I read HHGTTG, I am reasonably certain that "hoopy" is a noun - not an adjective.

Silver badge

Nope

It most definitely was an adjective. Think about it - WTF is a "hoopy" as an object? The word was describing a situation, meaning excellent, cool, awesome or a plethora of other superlatives. Frood is the noun (as in "Ford Prefect is a hoopy frood"), although it did have an adjectival form, froody, as in the line from the books, "That would not be cool and froody."

Boffin

Not ZAphod..........

It was Ford who was the Hoopy Frood...............

Meh

I doubt

if either of them is in any way hoopy or at all frood-like. Their towel location abilities are probably minimal as well.

There are a few corporate types who definitely should try spending a year or two being dead for tax purposes.

Silver badge
Thumb Up

TV Adaptation

Well done Reg for using a TV adaptation pic and ignoring the heartbeakingly bad movie.

Linux

The movie was pretty good!

Of course the TV version rules, but the movie production was pretty good as well.

Radio

The radio series was the original and still the very best. All 13 lovely hours of it.

I have it all and listen often.

Simply can not be beaten!

P.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums