LG has joined an initiative established by Philips and Sharp to create a standard platform for television apps. All big-name TV makers are pushing internet connectivity. All provide an foundation for content providers to plug in links to their sites, and more recent efforts present these as downloadable 'apps', an attempt to hop …
Oh good.. a standard!!!
Then they will be able to implement an updated standard every two years that can only be updated by buying a new television that already has the newer standard and making the older standard obsolete. That should get more televisions moving out the door.
..... or am I just being too cynical?
You know what the say
Just because you're cynical doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones