LG has joined an initiative established by Philips and Sharp to create a standard platform for television apps. All big-name TV makers are pushing internet connectivity. All provide an foundation for content providers to plug in links to their sites, and more recent efforts present these as downloadable 'apps', an attempt to hop …
Oh good.. a standard!!!
Then they will be able to implement an updated standard every two years that can only be updated by buying a new television that already has the newer standard and making the older standard obsolete. That should get more televisions moving out the door.
..... or am I just being too cynical?
You know what the say
Just because you're cynical doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot