LG has joined an initiative established by Philips and Sharp to create a standard platform for television apps. All big-name TV makers are pushing internet connectivity. All provide an foundation for content providers to plug in links to their sites, and more recent efforts present these as downloadable 'apps', an attempt to hop …
Oh good.. a standard!!!
Then they will be able to implement an updated standard every two years that can only be updated by buying a new television that already has the newer standard and making the older standard obsolete. That should get more televisions moving out the door.
..... or am I just being too cynical?
You know what the say
Just because you're cynical doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'