Northumbria Police Authority woke up to a host of security problems after the August bank holiday weekend. Not only was the UK police regulation authority defaced by a foul-mouthed Tunisian hacker, who made reference to the Anonymous hacking collective, but the law-enforcement authority was placed in the more serious position of …
We seem to have won the Nigerian/Tunisian Sweepstakes!
And this story turned up in my newsfeed with an ad for Windows Server attached. Excellent targeted advertising!
It seems our "Security Services" are anything but...
Not a police website?
Either northumbriapoliceauthority.org.uk is not an official police website, or someone has been a little "dishonest" in their registrant details:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.
Should be a sub domain on police.gov.uk surely?
Edit: I'm wrong its http://www.northumbria.police.uk/
seem to have a higher level permissions than the spokeperson for NPA.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast