Northumbria Police Authority woke up to a host of security problems after the August bank holiday weekend. Not only was the UK police regulation authority defaced by a foul-mouthed Tunisian hacker, who made reference to the Anonymous hacking collective, but the law-enforcement authority was placed in the more serious position of …
We seem to have won the Nigerian/Tunisian Sweepstakes!
And this story turned up in my newsfeed with an ad for Windows Server attached. Excellent targeted advertising!
It seems our "Security Services" are anything but...
Not a police website?
Either northumbriapoliceauthority.org.uk is not an official police website, or someone has been a little "dishonest" in their registrant details:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.
Should be a sub domain on police.gov.uk surely?
Edit: I'm wrong its http://www.northumbria.police.uk/
seem to have a higher level permissions than the spokeperson for NPA.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards