Northumbria Police Authority woke up to a host of security problems after the August bank holiday weekend. Not only was the UK police regulation authority defaced by a foul-mouthed Tunisian hacker, who made reference to the Anonymous hacking collective, but the law-enforcement authority was placed in the more serious position of …
We seem to have won the Nigerian/Tunisian Sweepstakes!
And this story turned up in my newsfeed with an ad for Windows Server attached. Excellent targeted advertising!
It seems our "Security Services" are anything but...
Not a police website?
Either northumbriapoliceauthority.org.uk is not an official police website, or someone has been a little "dishonest" in their registrant details:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.
Should be a sub domain on police.gov.uk surely?
Edit: I'm wrong its http://www.northumbria.police.uk/
seem to have a higher level permissions than the spokeperson for NPA.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*