Here's a handset that'll keep you awake: Motorola's new Pro+. Brits - especially those who ever had to stay up late cramming for exams - will know that, over here, ProPlus is a well-known brand of caffeine pill. Motorola Pro+ Android smatrphone Motorola's phone runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and sports a 3.1in, 640 x 480 …
Upcoming Pro+ has same single-core CPU, and 512MB RAM only!
The Pro+ is an update to the Droid XPRT/Pro, due in October.
The good: updated 3.1 inch, 640x480 display, Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system, Li-Ion 1600mAh battery, lighter 113g weight and rounder shape.
The bad: same old single-core 1GHz processor. For a business oriented, flagship model that is a weak spec in comparison to the dual-core competition.
The ugly: only 512 MB RAM. Yeah, less than even middle-range models elsewere, and unlikely to handle all the pre-installed business apps at once. Someone needs to get fired on this!!!
In short, you have got a very sexy-looking new Pro+ coming up, but it is let down by poor specs that promise mediocre performance. I sure want an Android based Blackberry Curve/Bold lookalike, and this could have been it if not for such a blunder. I am not putting any of my hard-earned money on the Droid Pro/XPRT or Pro+.
Definitely mediocre to say the least. Now if this is deemed an "entry-level" BB look-alike, then I could just barely understand. But then the name shouldn't have been anything with "pro" in it should it? Much less a "+" ... more like a "----".
A descriptive name would be: "High Cost - Cheap Functionality - Near mid-range" phone.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!