The London borough of Barking and Dagenham has signed a joint venture agreement with Agilisys to reform the delivery of its back office and support services. The IT services and outsourcing provider will work with the east London borough for seven years in a jointly owned business known as Elevate East London. The council hopes …
This is just a press release.
I'd expect this sort of credullous parroting of government 'news' from the graun, not el reg.
I'd have thought a better choice of adverb would be 'hopefully', 'improbably' or 'highly unlikely'
There's an old saying.
If it looks too good to be true..........
Wait 'til they find out how much the T&M costs are for anything not specifically detailed and priced in the SLA. I believe the correct term for the headline savings on the outsource contract is "loss-leader".
Its not the IT depts that bleed money, they just spend it where departments tell them to, then the departments move the goal posts in projects, thats where the money is wasted!
That and paying for the professionally unemployed (you know the ones, never had a job in their life, and never intend on having one).
Hopefully government, one day will decide that you have to contribute to the paying taxes before you can claim any kind of benefits when you need them.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph