VMware envisions a world where applications can roam across one big intercloud. Apps won't just jump from internal data centers to public cloud services, the company believes. They'll move from cloud to cloud like phone calls across cell networks. That's why VMware is keen on getting its vSphere server virtualization not only …
I've had similar capability for over a quarter century on my personal network. On 6 continents, no less. And I have access to a printer in Antarctica, for a nice even 7 ... Why the marketards think that hanging the term "cloud" on what is really distributed computing somehow makes it "new" and/or "interesting" is beyond me.
And as a side-note, I was running LPARs on mainframes before most of the marketards babbling about virtual machines were even born ...
VMW: geographically challenged
A shame that VMware can't tell the difference between Denmark and The Netherlands. That probably means that they don't know their Maas from their Elbe.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base