Nokia is celebrating the fact that its Calling All Innovators competition finally brought in a majority of US developers, even if the grand winners were both from Finland. Those two winning entries were: a game involving sparking orbs, called Sparkle, and a picture-filtering application called ShutterPro. These entries each win …
Need a venn diagram...
... or better yet, a map. Canada is one of the component nations in the landmass known as North America. Therefore those winners were Americans, if not US Citizens.
Still, good to see a Californian who is aware of the existence of other nations; even awareness of the other 49 States is the US is rare enough.
It wasn't the most popular applications...
...or there would have been at least some different winners. Some of the apps were new in the store recently.
Apps for what?
Apps for a dead OS? Why bother?
Make up your mind
Nokia biz model:
1. Pull plastic bag over head of living OS.
2. Simultaneously putting on a short skirt and red lipstick and go out dating a dead OS.
2. Remove plastic bag from OS you're trying to kill and give it CPR.
3. Whereto now? Go back to 1?
Elop clearly belongs in a nut-house.
"Nokia dishes out $10m in developer prizes"
Well there goes all hope of any profit this year then.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email