back to article Nikon reheats Coolpix range

Nikon has refreshed its range of Coolpix cameras bringing a swathe of new features to its compact models. A year on from the Nikon P7000 debut – the company’s well-overdue answer to the Canon G-series Powershot – the Coolpix P7100 is here. Nikon Coolpix P7100 Apart from the front dial and articulating 3in LCD panel on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Insane Reindeer
    Flame

Never understood this fascination with minimum temperatures

Why do they quote them? Everyone knows that pretty much any camera worth it's salt will work in some seriously cold temperatures! I've seen some truly daft things quoted in technological circles in an effort to sell stuff but highlighting the fact that a camera will work in temperatures of -10 degrees C has to be one of the most idiotic!

No, my camera of choice is not waterproof. Most definitely not. Well it can survive being submerged for about 15 seconds as a result of a drop but it will not work under water that is for sure. But it will, and has, survived several drops of greater than 1.5m. Onto rock, pavement, into a river, on ice and onto metal. It has a compass and GPS. It will tell me where I was when I took the picture, how to get there again or how to get back from there, just like many countless other cameras. And I would wager the pictures taken by it would be as good if not better than the ones snapped on that "rugged" camera. And I've used it on more occasions than I care to remember at temperatures lower than -10! I think -33 was the coldest. Works very very well with gloves on to!

Although if I was in the market for a new camera, and fancied getting something a bit more delicate, I would seriously consider that Coolpix P7100! That does look the business!

2. mike panero

What you want

The more that can break off the better - makes you want a new one

Stupid battery - means you want at least two and after 5 years they are both dead, and unavailable

To make it fail:-

A RAW no one can use

Some stupid XD card that never sells

A USB adapter in the shape of a baby's head

An f3.5+ lens that fails indoors

A non wide angle lens

crap battery life

huge shutter lag

fucking loud beep

huge red light shine before candid shot

This topic is closed for new posts.