Sony Ericsson will release an Android 2.3.4 update in October. Its first smartphone to ship with the new release will follow later in Q4. Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread smartphone Xperia handsets eligible for the new version of Gingerbread will gain the ability to do video calls in Google Talk, take …
* Picks up Sony Ericsson X10 mini
* checks Android version
* 2.3.5 - ok, never mind
* puts phone down again
(GingerDX based on MiniCM7, if anyone's wondering - feels like a whole new phone compared to the official S.E. firmware)
Danger Will Robinson
Since the one thing that the Dutch court ruled on in favour of Apple was that Android 2.3 infringes on their patent, won't they have to upgrade to Honeycomb before they can put it in the UK...
Picks up Xperia X10i
Checks Android version - 2.3.5
X10 TripNMiUI-Iris (MiUI build 1.8.12)
Is there anyone left with an Xperia that hasn't shifted off the SE firmware of much dreadfullness?
Sony Ericsson's Android phones are not as popular as other models.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean