Server sales in the second quarter of 2011 grew 17.9 per cent in revenue terms to $13.2bn, reckons IDC. This is the sixth quarter of growth and unit sales also grew 8.5 per cent to 2.1 million boxes. The IDC abacus-botherers classify servers as either volume, midrange enterprise or high-end enterprise. Volume and midrange grew …
Unless im missing something in the article server sells have nothing to do with the "cloud".
Maybe more people are doing away with the cloud.
Growing clouds would usually reduce the demand for equipment since cloud operators will focus on enterprise equipment instead of farms of smaller server farms.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Even a broken watch is right twice a day: Not an un-charged Apple Watch
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast