Server sales in the second quarter of 2011 grew 17.9 per cent in revenue terms to $13.2bn, reckons IDC. This is the sixth quarter of growth and unit sales also grew 8.5 per cent to 2.1 million boxes. The IDC abacus-botherers classify servers as either volume, midrange enterprise or high-end enterprise. Volume and midrange grew …
Unless im missing something in the article server sells have nothing to do with the "cloud".
Maybe more people are doing away with the cloud.
Growing clouds would usually reduce the demand for equipment since cloud operators will focus on enterprise equipment instead of farms of smaller server farms.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat