AMD has announced that its new CEO will be Rory P Read, who was most recently president and COO at Lenovo Group. The appointment comes after a seven-month search during which a number of IT execs, including Oracle's co-president Mark Hurd, EMC's COO Pat Gelsinger and Apple's Tim Cook, were approached by AMD and rejected the …
"Here's your crown, sceptre, orb ... chalice"
"The chalice from the palace holds the brew that is true".
Sorry, I know that shows my age. Too many afternoons when I was a kid watching ancient films on the Beeb.
I'll get my coat.
Read might be good?
Read has lots of experience and may be a good choice to lead AMD forward. They have a lot of desirable products in the pipeline and seem to have built a strong fondation to move forward. Best wishes to Read and AMD.
"...and Apple's Tim Cook, were approached by AMD and rejected the position..."
Well, we now know why Tim Cook rejected AMD's offer....
AMD goes with an established industry insider. This is another first for AMD. No more home-grown maverick's.
... they've got someone who is going to sell things properly. AMD have great products but they are poorly categorised and aren't marketed enough. There should be more E-350 based laptops out there for example but a lot of things are presented with names like Hudson M1. You've developed the AMD Fusion brand so use it FFS.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe