Sony has unwrapped this year's additions to its Nex line of compact cameras with interchangeable lenses: the 5N and the 7. Key 5N features include a 16.1Mp APS sensor and a new, grippy rubbery coating for the camera's magnesium alloy body. Sony Alpha Nex 7 compact system camera Nex 7 The 7 likewise sports a more DSLR-like …
The NEX-7's viewfinder is built-in, not clip-on. See http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/1108/sony/NEX7/NEX-7_rear.jpg for evidence! Looks a fabulous bit of kit, though body-only price of $1200 mentioned by dpreview seems rather a lot.
if Sony would just get us some lenses
The only reason I have never bought a Nex5 was the fact that there's no portrait lens, and I'd prefer to have a choice of a 30mm pancake.
Regardless of how many new models they throw on the market, I won't buy it without the lenses I normally use. (and no, I don't want to fumble with adapters and crap)
Otherwise, new models are always ok... just hope there will be some non-black-rubbery covered versions too... I'm not a fan of retro looks, and I don't have problems gripping things.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?