China bought more PCs than the US in the second quarter this year, making it the largest computer market in the world for the first time, according to market research firm IDC. Long touted as the next biggest market for PCs, China finally managed to beat the US with 18.5 million units worth $11.9bn shipped compared to 17.7 …
Was it the article author or a Reg editor
who added the «bitchslap for US ...» subtitle ? Given the fact that China has a population some four times greater than that of the US and the number of PCs currently owned in China is far lower than the corresponding number for the US, could whoever is responsible please explain why the purchase of more PCs in China than in the US constitutes a «bitchslap» for the latter ? In what way does the purchase of PCs constitute a zero-sum game ?...
Chinese market looks good for AMD!!!
New AMD CEO from Lenovo appears to bode well in that market segment!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS