China bought more PCs than the US in the second quarter this year, making it the largest computer market in the world for the first time, according to market research firm IDC. Long touted as the next biggest market for PCs, China finally managed to beat the US with 18.5 million units worth $11.9bn shipped compared to 17.7 …
Was it the article author or a Reg editor
who added the «bitchslap for US ...» subtitle ? Given the fact that China has a population some four times greater than that of the US and the number of PCs currently owned in China is far lower than the corresponding number for the US, could whoever is responsible please explain why the purchase of more PCs in China than in the US constitutes a «bitchslap» for the latter ? In what way does the purchase of PCs constitute a zero-sum game ?...
Chinese market looks good for AMD!!!
New AMD CEO from Lenovo appears to bode well in that market segment!
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?