How do the different types of intrusion prevention system (IPS) work? Inline systems sit on the network like layer-two bridges, passing traffic along as they receive it. Host-based systems sit on the server, watching the traffic that it sends and receives. Both check packets for any suspicious activity, often using the most …
For a free GPL solution see the Snort inline fork - Suricata
Snort is going to be over taken by Suricata shortly - snort-inline has dies as a project.. (only the inline version is an IPS rather than IDS)
Suricata is 'more free' and as a result has funding by the USA navy (the creators of Tor) and the Dept of homeland security...
Spot the obvious omission?
Errr... where's Snort in the list???
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...