How do the different types of intrusion prevention system (IPS) work? Inline systems sit on the network like layer-two bridges, passing traffic along as they receive it. Host-based systems sit on the server, watching the traffic that it sends and receives. Both check packets for any suspicious activity, often using the most …
For a free GPL solution see the Snort inline fork - Suricata
Snort is going to be over taken by Suricata shortly - snort-inline has dies as a project.. (only the inline version is an IPS rather than IDS)
Suricata is 'more free' and as a result has funding by the USA navy (the creators of Tor) and the Dept of homeland security...
Spot the obvious omission?
Errr... where's Snort in the list???
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS