How do the different types of intrusion prevention system (IPS) work? Inline systems sit on the network like layer-two bridges, passing traffic along as they receive it. Host-based systems sit on the server, watching the traffic that it sends and receives. Both check packets for any suspicious activity, often using the most …
For a free GPL solution see the Snort inline fork - Suricata
Snort is going to be over taken by Suricata shortly - snort-inline has dies as a project.. (only the inline version is an IPS rather than IDS)
Suricata is 'more free' and as a result has funding by the USA navy (the creators of Tor) and the Dept of homeland security...
Spot the obvious omission?
Errr... where's Snort in the list???
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware