How do the different types of intrusion prevention system (IPS) work? Inline systems sit on the network like layer-two bridges, passing traffic along as they receive it. Host-based systems sit on the server, watching the traffic that it sends and receives. Both check packets for any suspicious activity, often using the most …
For a free GPL solution see the Snort inline fork - Suricata
Snort is going to be over taken by Suricata shortly - snort-inline has dies as a project.. (only the inline version is an IPS rather than IDS)
Suricata is 'more free' and as a result has funding by the USA navy (the creators of Tor) and the Dept of homeland security...
Spot the obvious omission?
Errr... where's Snort in the list???
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it