World+Dog will next year be after ultra-skinny laptops running Windows 8. So says Simon Lin, chairman of Wistron, a Taiwanese contract manufacturer specialising in notebooks. The slimline MacBook Air-style machines - dubbed by Intel "ultrabooks" - will be a key growth driver in 2012, Lin said during a chat with DigiTimes. They …
Not sure about that
But something like the Eee Pad Transformer with a proper OS on it might be exactly what I'm looking for.
Definately maybe. With the rise of tablets rising as the choice for mobile computing laptops will have to do something special. For one they must either improve the mouse pad to allow various customizable multi-touch gestures, have better instant on from standby and better battery life or become more of a hybrid laptop/tablet like the Asus transformer which i absolutely love.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great