World+Dog will next year be after ultra-skinny laptops running Windows 8. So says Simon Lin, chairman of Wistron, a Taiwanese contract manufacturer specialising in notebooks. The slimline MacBook Air-style machines - dubbed by Intel "ultrabooks" - will be a key growth driver in 2012, Lin said during a chat with DigiTimes. They …
Not sure about that
But something like the Eee Pad Transformer with a proper OS on it might be exactly what I'm looking for.
Definately maybe. With the rise of tablets rising as the choice for mobile computing laptops will have to do something special. For one they must either improve the mouse pad to allow various customizable multi-touch gestures, have better instant on from standby and better battery life or become more of a hybrid laptop/tablet like the Asus transformer which i absolutely love.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire