The European Union is objecting to Western Digital's proposed purchase of Hitachi GST on antitrust grounds. The European Commission has issued a formal Statement of Objections. A Western Digital SEC filing said: The Statement of Objections sets out the European Commission's preliminary assessment regarding the combination of …
WD vs Hitachi
In 15 years of Hitachi hard drives, I have never ever had one fail. Never.
In the past five years I have had two WD hard drives fail.
Competition? Of course this merger would be bad for consumers. But the U.S. regulators will just roll over and allow it.
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review