The European Union is objecting to Western Digital's proposed purchase of Hitachi GST on antitrust grounds. The European Commission has issued a formal Statement of Objections. A Western Digital SEC filing said: The Statement of Objections sets out the European Commission's preliminary assessment regarding the combination of …
WD vs Hitachi
In 15 years of Hitachi hard drives, I have never ever had one fail. Never.
In the past five years I have had two WD hard drives fail.
Competition? Of course this merger would be bad for consumers. But the U.S. regulators will just roll over and allow it.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous fat pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst