Using through-silicon vias, Samsung is stacking its memory chips higher and reducing energy consumption. It has a 32GB double data rate-3 (DDR3) RDIMM (Registered Dual-Inline Memory Module) using these through-silicon vias (TSVs) to build this 3D chip. The process technology is 30nm and the RDIMM is built from 4Gbit DDR3 memory …
"It's like making a computer out of rainbows"
Double rainbows? :)
Wow... That's gonna be a lot of power it's sucking up after a few years in the server rack.
Now can you do a 8GB SODIMM that runs at 1333 please? The existing ones are far too expensive, and are a little bit fat.
Apple thanks you for this
Steve will be popping back to 2010 in his time machine to register a patent and design copy so they can sue you in a german court to prevent you selling them and handing over the technology to his Holiness Steve
4.5 Watts per hour
You mean after being installed for a day these DIMMs take more power than the CPU?
Reg units fail
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER