While Silicon Valley is still bubbling like it's 1999, tech investor Mark Suster thinks the flailing job market and imploding stock market is a warning to entrepreneurs: raise what money you can as fast as you can, because life is about to get much harder, even for web companies. But at least one company must be looking at the …
Good luck to them...
Having just gone another round with their bloody useless support people (Yay for anecdotal evidence) I will never buy RedHat again.
Just go with Centos or Ubuntu server and skip the mandatory "support" costs.
Shame, because RHN is quite good for update notifications.
Bollox, I've been working with their support department for over 7 years, and I have never had a bad experience. Your talking utter bollocks.
1 piece of anecdotal evidence vs another piece of anecdotal evidence. Take it or leave it.
Maybe we are on different support plans, different support groups or a hundred other possibilities. All I know is the ones I have been in contact with are crap.
Never had a problem with RH myself
I've dealt with them off-and-on over ... seven years now? Gad, I'm getting old(er) ... and no complaints. Now granted, certain options might be better or cheaper at certain things, but for enterprise-level Linux, they're definitely an unbad option, in my experience.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids