eBay-style outsourcing site PeoplePerHour says a rival firm faked emails which claimed to be offering the company's customer database for sale. The company initially feared that a disgruntled ex-contractor had swiped customer records and was offering them for sale to rival companies. The rivals declined the offer and tipped off …
Hold on there, pardner
Are you saying that an outsourcing company might be involved with something shady WRT user or customer data? I am shocked, *SHOCKED* I say, to hear this!
"Why you'll be claiming Hitler was a racist, next!" - Stephen Fry
"...but we had no idea competition in this market was so cut-throat."
They're basically just another recruitment agency; and as anybody who works in IT can tell you, recruitment agency is a cut-throat business.
Not just IT
As anyone who has worked in the recruitment industry will tell you, the recruitment business is a cut throat one.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great