eBay-style outsourcing site PeoplePerHour says a rival firm faked emails which claimed to be offering the company's customer database for sale. The company initially feared that a disgruntled ex-contractor had swiped customer records and was offering them for sale to rival companies. The rivals declined the offer and tipped off …
Hold on there, pardner
Are you saying that an outsourcing company might be involved with something shady WRT user or customer data? I am shocked, *SHOCKED* I say, to hear this!
"Why you'll be claiming Hitler was a racist, next!" - Stephen Fry
"...but we had no idea competition in this market was so cut-throat."
They're basically just another recruitment agency; and as anybody who works in IT can tell you, recruitment agency is a cut-throat business.
Not just IT
As anyone who has worked in the recruitment industry will tell you, the recruitment business is a cut throat one.
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods