eBay-style outsourcing site PeoplePerHour says a rival firm faked emails which claimed to be offering the company's customer database for sale. The company initially feared that a disgruntled ex-contractor had swiped customer records and was offering them for sale to rival companies. The rivals declined the offer and tipped off …
Hold on there, pardner
Are you saying that an outsourcing company might be involved with something shady WRT user or customer data? I am shocked, *SHOCKED* I say, to hear this!
"Why you'll be claiming Hitler was a racist, next!" - Stephen Fry
"...but we had no idea competition in this market was so cut-throat."
They're basically just another recruitment agency; and as anybody who works in IT can tell you, recruitment agency is a cut-throat business.
Not just IT
As anyone who has worked in the recruitment industry will tell you, the recruitment business is a cut throat one.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip