Rod Beckstrom, the president and CEO of domain name industry overseer ICANN, has announced that he will leave the job when his contract expires in July next year. rodbeckstrom Wrapping up: Rod Beckstrom "I have decided to wrap up my service at ICANN July 2012," he wrote on Twitter last night. ICANN later followed up with a …
"it seems more likely that the US, upset with some of ICANN's recent decisions, will exert greater control over the organisation."
Quite happy to see Beckstrom go, but the last thing we need is a resurgence of US hegemony. It's *really* time to yank the umbilical cord out.
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370