Rod Beckstrom, the president and CEO of domain name industry overseer ICANN, has announced that he will leave the job when his contract expires in July next year. rodbeckstrom Wrapping up: Rod Beckstrom "I have decided to wrap up my service at ICANN July 2012," he wrote on Twitter last night. ICANN later followed up with a …
"it seems more likely that the US, upset with some of ICANN's recent decisions, will exert greater control over the organisation."
Quite happy to see Beckstrom go, but the last thing we need is a resurgence of US hegemony. It's *really* time to yank the umbilical cord out.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'