Amazon is upping the pressure on both Microsoft and Google in the battle to scoop up cash-strapped government customers into the cloud. The online bookseller has moved to win over more government customers with the launch of AWS GovCloud, its cloud for US gov departments that crunch super-secret defence data. AWS GovCloud is a …
Hmm, did you / they actually take the time to read NIST 500-291 ???
If they have, and the author had, then you'd know that ITAR is not as much a factor here as NIST's "Special Publication" just released. This is quite important as NIST and their other agencies that cooperate have taken decisions and issued rules/guidance on Clouds.
Amazon GovCloud - where goverments take turns at breaking each others secret messages. It's a great idea, especially at war-time.
you must really have egg on your face if your business serves government at cheap pricing and your company pays taxes.
amazon doesn't pay their fair share.
it's who ya know yo.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs