Permabit has upped up its Albireo technology's deduplication speed by 250 per cent, reaching 400GB/sec. This is compared to the 77GB/sec recorded in late 2010. The tech company claims that its Albireo technology is the only tech suitable for deduplicating primary storage, as it has no impact on primary data access performance. …
<< Data Domain's DD890 deduplicates at 14.7TB/hour with Boost: that means 4.08GB/hour. A 2-node DD890 cluster runs nearly twice as fast: at 7.31GB/hour. >>
<< Data Domain's DD890 deduplicates at 14.7TB/hour with Boost: that means 4.08GB/sec. A 2-node DD890 cluster runs nearly twice as fast: at 7.31GB/sec. >>
Seems even the author go a bit confused by all those numbers...
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?