Feeds

back to article Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector

I’ve actually written several introductions to this review. One opened extolling the benefits of 3D projection over 3D TVs. I thoughtfully proposed that the key problem with 3D flatscreens is that they’re just too small - rather than confound and entrance you with 3D, they merely present you with a window and invite you to peer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

for gaming?

The lamps are a lil costly for me to consider gaming with them. Hopefully the casio laser projectors will continue improving to the point where i can use some of those - the latest are pretty good!

G2
Thumb Down

too bad...

too bad that "It's a Sony" because they'll eventually screw all their customers "like.no.other" and will "make.believe." that OtherOS removal, CD Rootkits, etc never happened

Facepalm

Sigh

Yep, they'll probably come and steal the bulb out of your projector after a year...

Trollface

Special School

I see the sunshine variety bus has arrived...

Joke

I saw VPL

and I thought of something other than a 3D projector!

IT Angle

Projector Gaming

I once got to play Halo on original XBox on a projector set up... it was awesome! [TV's at the time were MUCH smaller than today's, so this was indeed WOW!]

Doing it all in 3D would be cool.... but not for £3k!!! When can we expect a £300 version?

So, how long do the bulbs last in these things?

FAIL

£300??

If you are only looking to pay £300 then you are not after a serious display for your gaming. Therefore this is not aimed at you.

At £3,000 the question is do you upgrade to a £2,000-£2,500 tv or pay the extra for the projector?

Facepalm

And for those without 20:20 vision?

Those active (good) glasses look pointless for anyone who can't wear contacts...

Meh

I'm waiting for a reasonably priced polarising 3D projector...

...so I don't need to waste money on expensive glasses for my guests.

Thumb Up

film question

is that Chico and Rita you have on page 2?

This topic is closed for new posts.