The Independent Police Complaints Commission has opened an investigation into allegations that a Surrey cop leaked information about the probe into Milly Dowler's murder in 2002 to the News of the World. "An IPCC Deputy Senior Investigator has been over at Surrey Police this morning to get more information about the case and …
some interesting background Googling
"News of the World .. allegations of widespread illegal phone-tapping at the paper"
Not hacking or `phone-tapping' but illegal or unauhorized access of voicemail, unless there is more to come out. The question remains just who give the NotW the phones numbers in the first place. And were such practices common to other newspapers before-and-after the Dowler case.
"An IPCC Deputy Senior Investigator has been over at Surrey Police this morning to get more information about the case and will be writing to the Dowlers' solicitor at the family's request,"
translation: We're going totally lukewarm on this one and hope that such evidence that may exist will dissppear into the mists of time, like these NotW emails that got lost on the slowboat to China"
Missing Milly `hoax' outrage, NotW April 2002
Hugh Grant and the NotW reporter, April 2011
Milly 'leak' detective was removed, July 2011
So when is...
... Piers Morgan going to get probed?
@So when is
Shouldn't like that job!
Latex gloves in the pocket.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?