Feeds

back to article iPad accessorizer gets into Bernie Madoff's pants

Wealth and villainy are notorious aphrodisiacs, and a New York company is making it possible for you to get into the pants of one of the 21st century's highest-flying criminals. Well, not you, exactly – your iPad. Bernie Madoff The financial felon with the ironic last name Fashonista iPad casemaker Frederick James is offering …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Trollface

"NOT intended to be protective..."

The covers are excessively expensive, but offer no protection. How appropriate for something from Bernie Madoff.

Pint

look nice though ;-)

Just to correct something from the Article though:

Madoff's was not the larges Ponzi scheme in history.

The U.S. Dollar is the largest Ponzi scheme in history, making Madoff look tiny...

Silver badge
Pint

Sort of

The US$ isn't really a Ponzi scheme in itself since it will keep it's value if it's bought and sold in equal amounts. With the Yanks printing money like there's no tomorrow it approximates nicely, but now with worldwide attention to controlling deficits teh analogy becomes weaker.

What really IS a genuine bona-fide Ponzi scheme is every single Social Security system in any country worldwide. The 'return on investment' of the 'investors' who are cashing out now (old-timers getting their pensions) depend 100% on the new 'investments' of new 'investors' (Social security deductions from current workers). Since people cashing out take more than they ever put in, by definition it can only work if the pool of 'investors' (tax-paying workers) increases indefinitely. Textbook Ponzi.

Pint

Only

an Apple product could be involved with such a stupidity

FAIL

re Tchou

Fail because it is not, repeat not an Apple Product.

If is a 3rd party making after market stuff for Apple Products.

If you even thought for a moment and perhaps even read the text you would clearly know that.

If you did and still posted then (Sigh) there is no hope for you.

Bronze badge
Facepalm

@AC - 17:59

I think you missed, "could be involved", as the operative phrase.

I like Apple kit but some of you serious fanbois need to chill a little before leaping to decry every blasphemer that rags on your favourite Jobs' toys!

Linux

Yes i read before posting,

what i meant is that this kind of hype only can happen with an Apple product involved.

Don't get me wrong, i like Apple, but i don't like all the hype around it, largely maintened by blind fans. But this is another story...

Linux icon, because of http://www.trustleap.ch/ (Can't i be fan of something?)

Silver badge
IT Angle

Huh?

I thought it was Frederick Jones who was putting rags on his favourite Jobs toys?

Facepalm

Just an other con.

Until they realize it's not the real trousers. But then does it make any difference ? To them maybe.

Happy

A perfect con

I think that would, given Mr Madoff's past activities, be the perfect irony!

Go

He could be making these

Whilst doing his porridge.

Gold badge
WTF?

It has to be said.

Given that Mr Madoff probably had good reason to comprehensively shit himself on several occasions prior to being forcibly parted from his wardrobe, this isn't a product I'd be particularly interested in......

i think

I like Apple kit but some of you serious fanbois need to chill a little before leaping to decry every blasphemer that rags on your favourite .

This topic is closed for new posts.