The summer weather may be crap, but Samsung and STEC are sizzling: they have both announced new solid state drives at the Flash Memory Summit. Samsung's PM830 is a 6Gbit/s SATA interface SSD with 18GB, 256GB , and 512GB capacities. It uses toggle DDR mode and ships out sequential data reads at 500MB/sec and ships in sequential …
"The summer weather may be crap, but Samsung and STEC are sizzling"
Or, oh hell, how do I introduce yet another boring SSD press release. I know, a nice seasonal metaphor....
All very well
When are the prices going to come down? A 500% premium over HDDs is a bit of a downer.
...when HDDs are on par with SSD performance perhaps? There's a reason Core i7s cost more than Core i3s. Same applies to the performance difference for SSDs vs HDDs. Horses for courses and all that.
I'll start getting 'excited' when SSD's no longer need 2nd mortgages to buy!
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp