Cloud-gaming service OnLive has finally announced its official UK opening, with a launch set for this September's Eurogamer Expo. The service, which gives gamers instant access to a range of titles, has been active Stateside since June 2010. Those of us in the UK have been able to access it, but only through US servers, which …
What about lag?
I even get lag on my FTTC connection.
According the US video, unless they've advanced it somewhat, that you can only view on the ipad/android tablets. It's a shame if it's true, would be pretty impressive to have that sort of cross platform compatibility.
I signed up a while ago...
...but I'm still wary of the 'social' aspects.
Do I get complete privacy controls so I can play, save and control without others accessing the information or watching what I'm doing. Do I get to sign into the system but be hidden from all view from other users by default?
These are questions, not declarations. I just want to know what I'm getting into.
And how do we stop it
Any advice on how to block it, ports etc...?
woo-hoo, it'll change my gaming forever!!!
oh.. actually, sorry.. it won't I don't have a 5 Mbps broadband connection and can't get one either. Oh well.
Good luck with the idea but I really struggle to see how this'll take off in any massive numbers in the UK with the hopeless broadband coverage.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great