Feeds

back to article MySpace vanishes $254m from News Corp coffers

Television and film continue to be News Corp's core area of sales growth, even as other aspects of Rupert Murdoch's empire – including recently-sold MySpace and scandal-ridden News International – unsurprisingly had a bumpy Q4. The company rolled out Murdoch at its conference call in New York to personally anoint the results (13 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Holmes

a loss, yes

but not a disaster. Why do you think newscorp offloaded myspace when they did? It was the last week of their tax year and they could claim that loss as a huge tax write off.

Devil

MySpace

I suspect that whilst they've posted a loss over the book value of MySpace and the actual value he obtained for it, I suspect that over the years MySpace has garnered enough money to earn its keep, even as its market share was declining.

Gold badge
Mushroom

"...octogenarian sponsor of Glee..."

Sod the phone hacking, that's worth a lifetime turning rocks into gravel with a sledgehammer all on its own.

Tanj I say.

Alert

NEWS SHOCKER !!!

Rupert Murdoch and the word integrity in the same sentence!!

In other news a lion was seen asleep next to a lamb, tis the end times I'm telling ye.

Coffee/keyboard

Re: NEWS SHOCKER !!!

"In other news a lion was seen asleep next to a lamb, tis the end times I'm telling ye."

Dogs, cats and mice in love orgy shocker!

Meh

Ah the irony

NewsCorp presumably failed to recognise that monetizing social media depends on (ab)using the confidential personal data of lusers.

Meh

bueller?

murdoch's a businessman,

he made a massive profit,

news of the world was 1% of his total business.

therefore he's well chuffed and the wife might get some aussie love tonight.....just picture it...

Mushroom

How tragic

That is all.

This topic is closed for new posts.