back to article Fujifilm puts augmented reality in the frame

GPS tagging has been a widely adopted feature in digital cameras, but now Fujifilm has pushed the boat out further by including an Augmented Reality function. The FujiFilm F600 EXR makes use of the GPS and automatically locates places of interest, displaying where and how far away they are through the camera's 3in display. It …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How many years does it last

I have yet to see (and have) a Fuji whose autofocus step motor does not fail in under 3 years.

Based on prior experience with Fuji workmanship I'd rather pay 100 quid more and buy a budget DSLR instead which will last 5+ years. It will cost me less in the long run.

2. Sam Liddicott

more senseless deaths

Oh great - no we will get tourists and photographers falling off the niagra falls as their follow the directions of their camera to the location of that perfect tourist backdrop.

Much safer for the camera to use the movement detection to pick out the foreground and auto-paste it onto an already-taken backdrop.

3. Richard Taylor 2
    Thumb Down

and so

Why is this augmented reality?

1. louis walsh's toilet
      FAIL

me too..

i wondered the same thing....this is a gps feature...where's the AR?

4. Alan Edwards

Fuji stuff

The auto-focus still worked on my S5000 after 6 years. The CCD didn't (developed a big green line) though...

I got a Sony A200 D-SLR after that. It was just too big and heavy, so I ended up with a Panasonic TX-8. The Sony is probably a better camera, but if you don't bring it with you it doesn't matter.

About the AR - if I understand it right, the camera puts info from the GPS database on the screen as you're pointing it, so it tells you what direction the landmarks are in and identifies what you're looking at.

This topic is closed for new posts.