Without a trace of irony, the UK foreign office has today launched a text-alert service for overseas travellers, warning them of potential unrest so they can hurry home to the safety of the UK. The service is being trialled with Vodafone, and will automatically send out a text message to Vodafone customers in any foreign country …
Of course no London texts
It's the foriegn office after all. Domestic texts would be the remit of the aptly named home office.
May I suggest el reg enquire there about any plans for a similar domestic scheme?
There's already a service for domestic and foreign affairs...
It's called Twitter
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders