Without a trace of irony, the UK foreign office has today launched a text-alert service for overseas travellers, warning them of potential unrest so they can hurry home to the safety of the UK. The service is being trialled with Vodafone, and will automatically send out a text message to Vodafone customers in any foreign country …
Of course no London texts
It's the foriegn office after all. Domestic texts would be the remit of the aptly named home office.
May I suggest el reg enquire there about any plans for a similar domestic scheme?
There's already a service for domestic and foreign affairs...
It's called Twitter
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s