Without a trace of irony, the UK foreign office has today launched a text-alert service for overseas travellers, warning them of potential unrest so they can hurry home to the safety of the UK. The service is being trialled with Vodafone, and will automatically send out a text message to Vodafone customers in any foreign country …
Of course no London texts
It's the foriegn office after all. Domestic texts would be the remit of the aptly named home office.
May I suggest el reg enquire there about any plans for a similar domestic scheme?
There's already a service for domestic and foreign affairs...
It's called Twitter
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)