Without a trace of irony, the UK foreign office has today launched a text-alert service for overseas travellers, warning them of potential unrest so they can hurry home to the safety of the UK. The service is being trialled with Vodafone, and will automatically send out a text message to Vodafone customers in any foreign country …
Of course no London texts
It's the foriegn office after all. Domestic texts would be the remit of the aptly named home office.
May I suggest el reg enquire there about any plans for a similar domestic scheme?
There's already a service for domestic and foreign affairs...
It's called Twitter
- +Comment 'Anti-Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed