Security researchers have detailed further flaws in the femtocell base station technology supplied by mobile carriers to consumers and small businesses as a means to improve 3G mobile connectivity in buildings by taking advantage of existing broadband connections. Security shortcomings in Vodafone's femtocell signal booster …
are they like fembots?
Grow your own
This seems to describe forcing corrupted images onto other people's kit. Wouldn't it be easier to just get your own kit (claiming legitimate use so it gets connected), make it available for the public, then bung the malware on it? That way you see everything in the message stream for every phone in the area.
Not restricted to Vodafone?
SFR *is* Vodafone in France
Not any more
Vodafone sold their 44% stake in SFR to Vivendi (the holder of the other 56%) in April 2011.
I already bought my femtocell
it cost €169 in europe, whilst vodafone uk seem to be offering them for just 50 quid,
I'm slowly starting to play with it....innit?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait