Scammers are attempting to trick Firefox users into downloading backdoored software via spam emails that supposedly advertise an "update" to the open-source browser. A run of spam emails circulating over the weekend all include links to a download that bundles together a Mozilla Firefox 5.0.1 installer and a password-stealing …
********.btopenworld.com/firefox.asp could of at lease disguised the link in a href tag.
Nice one BT...
And while it's widely known, BT haven't blackholed the IP.
Firefox users fell for this?
But I thought Firefox users were more intelligent than other internet browser users. Surely they did not fall for this?
Also seen on..
.. McAfee. Now there's a surprise.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene