Scammers are attempting to trick Firefox users into downloading backdoored software via spam emails that supposedly advertise an "update" to the open-source browser. A run of spam emails circulating over the weekend all include links to a download that bundles together a Mozilla Firefox 5.0.1 installer and a password-stealing …
********.btopenworld.com/firefox.asp could of at lease disguised the link in a href tag.
Nice one BT...
And while it's widely known, BT haven't blackholed the IP.
Firefox users fell for this?
But I thought Firefox users were more intelligent than other internet browser users. Surely they did not fall for this?
Also seen on..
.. McAfee. Now there's a surprise.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests