Scammers are attempting to trick Firefox users into downloading backdoored software via spam emails that supposedly advertise an "update" to the open-source browser. A run of spam emails circulating over the weekend all include links to a download that bundles together a Mozilla Firefox 5.0.1 installer and a password-stealing …
********.btopenworld.com/firefox.asp could of at lease disguised the link in a href tag.
Nice one BT...
And while it's widely known, BT haven't blackholed the IP.
Firefox users fell for this?
But I thought Firefox users were more intelligent than other internet browser users. Surely they did not fall for this?
Also seen on..
.. McAfee. Now there's a surprise.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging