Scammers are attempting to trick Firefox users into downloading backdoored software via spam emails that supposedly advertise an "update" to the open-source browser. A run of spam emails circulating over the weekend all include links to a download that bundles together a Mozilla Firefox 5.0.1 installer and a password-stealing …
********.btopenworld.com/firefox.asp could of at lease disguised the link in a href tag.
Nice one BT...
And while it's widely known, BT haven't blackholed the IP.
Firefox users fell for this?
But I thought Firefox users were more intelligent than other internet browser users. Surely they did not fall for this?
Also seen on..
.. McAfee. Now there's a surprise.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS