Scammers are attempting to trick Firefox users into downloading backdoored software via spam emails that supposedly advertise an "update" to the open-source browser. A run of spam emails circulating over the weekend all include links to a download that bundles together a Mozilla Firefox 5.0.1 installer and a password-stealing …
********.btopenworld.com/firefox.asp could of at lease disguised the link in a href tag.
Nice one BT...
And while it's widely known, BT haven't blackholed the IP.
Firefox users fell for this?
But I thought Firefox users were more intelligent than other internet browser users. Surely they did not fall for this?
Also seen on..
.. McAfee. Now there's a surprise.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops