TelecityGroup has splashed £87.6m in cash on Irish-based fellow co-location data centre provider Data Electronics in what promises to be the first of many acquisitions. The firm, which also today outlined a bumper set of numbers for the six months ended 30 June, has a £300m war chest to fund further buys. Commenting on the deal …
The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.
"The buy gives Telecity another two data centres operating in Dublin" - hope they haven't made the same mistake as M$ and Amazon and have actually installed reliable backup generators.
Paris because...something about backing up. I just can't be bothered today!
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip