Steve Scott, the long-time chief technology officer at supercomputer maker Cray, gave his two weeks' notice last week. Actually, it was more like 11 days, which is not exactly a lot of warning for a company like Cray. But it looks like Scott was presented with an offer he just could not pass up, and tongues are wagging about …
Cray Computer Corporation
It's true CCC ended up mainly doing research, but only because they failed to sell any computers. CCC was formed so that Seymour could continue working on the Cray-3, which had been canned by CRI in favour of the C90. Unfortunately, nobody was willing to buy one before they ran out of money.
Laptops with 10 Teraflops
The Reg's recent story of AMD promising 10 teraflop laptops seems a bit closer to reality if Scott is headed to AMD.
My vote is Scott as AMD's new CEO.
@Laptops with 10 Teraflops
That would also be my bet.
AMD is having some trouble hiring a big name CEO, so is logical they might just get an engineering tech guy and promote it. It might be risky, but gambling like this might also pay good dividends in case his "brilliance" extends beyond the tech areas.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests