When announcing its financial performance for its most recent quarter, data-warehousing pioneer Teradata proved that it's continuing to do well despite heavy pressure from IBM, Oracle, EMC, and HP – and also, like its rivals, that its still trying to figure out just how large of an opportunity business analytics on unstructured …
Whats in a name?
I can't help but think Teradata as a name is is going to seem a bit dated in 10 years or so.
You may have a point
When we're running several terabytes at home, and the data warehouse at work is pedalling a couple of zettabytes...
"Spinning out Teradata might just go down as one of the dumbest things NCR has ever done"
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...
- Vid Mysterious BEAM outside London Googleplex ZAPPED