Ofcom's investigation into the potential for 4G telephony to knock out maritime radar has concluded that it just won't happen, at least not in any significant way. A technical examination (PDF, dull) carried out by the regulator concludes that even taking worst-case assumptions – that operators build 4G masts pointing directly …
Meters are things that measure gas consumption!
"within 500 meters" is this a line of gas meters or are we talking about the ISO unit of Metres?
According to the ever correct wiki
The metre (or meter), symbol m, is the base unit of length in the International System of Units (SI).
And in the US it is likely to be meter http://www.grammarist.com/spelling/meter-metre/
I don't see how claiming the radar is only affected with in 500 metres can used to dismiss the issue. Approaches in to busy harbours or passage along navigable rivers, which may well be within 1/2 km of a mast, is where radar might be crucial.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops