Australian hacking cause célèbre, David Noel Cecil, who goes by the nickname of "Evil", remains behind bars after being formally refused bail yesterday at Cowra Local Court. Cecil, an unemployed truck driver, was arrested by police last week and charged with 49 counts of accessing restricted data while unlawfully gaining access …
Good work, Justice Dare - but is 'If only he'd turned his mind to good' a real quote?
All the Google results for "If only... " point to the same pronouncement.
I think the good Judge is misremembering his Get Smart episodes, where Max would say at the end "If only he'd used his [music | baton | computer skills | etc.] for niceness instead of evil."
In other words, Judge Dare missed it by THAT much.
"Turned his skills to good" - bet he tried and failed
With the current state of the economy and the IT industry it wouldn't surprise me if he had applied for multiple jobs and never even got a reply due to lack of experience.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?