Australian hacking cause célèbre, David Noel Cecil, who goes by the nickname of "Evil", remains behind bars after being formally refused bail yesterday at Cowra Local Court. Cecil, an unemployed truck driver, was arrested by police last week and charged with 49 counts of accessing restricted data while unlawfully gaining access …
Good work, Justice Dare - but is 'If only he'd turned his mind to good' a real quote?
All the Google results for "If only... " point to the same pronouncement.
I think the good Judge is misremembering his Get Smart episodes, where Max would say at the end "If only he'd used his [music | baton | computer skills | etc.] for niceness instead of evil."
In other words, Judge Dare missed it by THAT much.
"Turned his skills to good" - bet he tried and failed
With the current state of the economy and the IT industry it wouldn't surprise me if he had applied for multiple jobs and never even got a reply due to lack of experience.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen