Erstwhile government CIO John Suffolk has landed a high-ranking security role at Chinese-giant Huawei. Suffolk, who resigned from the top UK.gov £207,000 Chief Information Officer role late last year, confirmed his new appointment this morning. He will join Huawei as its new global head of cybersecurity on 1 October, having …
Eastern Logic ...... in a Comms Passionate Field all of its Own with Huge Phishing Ponds
Given the present parlous state of the UK, to be touting that one was its CIO and CISO for the last five years is hardly a ringing endorsement to suggest a stellar performance is to be expected. Indeed, there would be everything to suggest quite the opposite. Whatever are Huawei and Mr Ren thinking?
Good Luck, nevertheless, and don't forget to write.
And so the merry go round spins back to where it started, just with new people on board.
If Huawei integrate the phorm stuff with their own kit that they're deploying to BT, it isn't really Phorm, is it? It all sounds too plausable and deniable - gotta be true :)
I had the pleasure of working for Mr Suffolk in an previous life. Sell Huawei...
me tooo ...
I had the pleasure of working inside Huawei for a while. Very paranoid^h^h^h^h security conscious, in a clumsy way. But he'll get after lunch naps. And they need someone to check their Chinglish.
Why o' why?
Why would they intentionally hire such an incompetent?
@Why o' why
He may be incompetent but he is a 'jolly good chap', right tie, right school, right clubs, right friends - more acceptable than some johnny foreigner trying to sell you security
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?