Google has acquired Dealmap, a California-based startup that will fuel Mountain View's efforts to mimic Groupon. Launched in May 2010, Dealmap aggregates "daily deals" from hundreds of sources, and according to the company, its various services are now used by over 2 million people. "We are impressed with what The Dealmap team …
I don't get it
Can someone explain why Google is trying so hard to ape a company that is hemorrhaging money?
Even if this does allow them to track the purchasing habits of users more effectively, is it really worth the massive operating loss?
Making sure the blood loss is fatal to Groupon.
If Groupon ever makes money, it will be too late.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Thought your Android phone was locked? THINK AGAIN