Google has acquired Dealmap, a California-based startup that will fuel Mountain View's efforts to mimic Groupon. Launched in May 2010, Dealmap aggregates "daily deals" from hundreds of sources, and according to the company, its various services are now used by over 2 million people. "We are impressed with what The Dealmap team …
I don't get it
Can someone explain why Google is trying so hard to ape a company that is hemorrhaging money?
Even if this does allow them to track the purchasing habits of users more effectively, is it really worth the massive operating loss?
Making sure the blood loss is fatal to Groupon.
If Groupon ever makes money, it will be too late.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE