Google has acquired Dealmap, a California-based startup that will fuel Mountain View's efforts to mimic Groupon. Launched in May 2010, Dealmap aggregates "daily deals" from hundreds of sources, and according to the company, its various services are now used by over 2 million people. "We are impressed with what The Dealmap team …
I don't get it
Can someone explain why Google is trying so hard to ape a company that is hemorrhaging money?
Even if this does allow them to track the purchasing habits of users more effectively, is it really worth the massive operating loss?
Making sure the blood loss is fatal to Groupon.
If Groupon ever makes money, it will be too late.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL