Google has acquired Dealmap, a California-based startup that will fuel Mountain View's efforts to mimic Groupon. Launched in May 2010, Dealmap aggregates "daily deals" from hundreds of sources, and according to the company, its various services are now used by over 2 million people. "We are impressed with what The Dealmap team …
I don't get it
Can someone explain why Google is trying so hard to ape a company that is hemorrhaging money?
Even if this does allow them to track the purchasing habits of users more effectively, is it really worth the massive operating loss?
Making sure the blood loss is fatal to Groupon.
If Groupon ever makes money, it will be too late.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9