Doe anyone actually use that?
I used to use ICQ years ago ( i mean like 10+)
It was great at the time for keeping in contact with ya mates but it then lost out to MSN messenger.
I used to use it years ago (I had a 6 digit ID number) but I wasn't aware it was still going.
It is mostly used by internet miscreants now.
For some reason it's the fraudsters/spammers favourite way to communicate.
Still used, mostly in Russia and Israel.
Israel is where ICQ has originated in the first place, and Russia probably liked it due to early support of cyrillic, low bandwidth requirements (they used to have metered internet access) and localized custom client (qip). I still keep my 7-digit ID, for posterity (the first social/IM network, after all).
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update