Chip giant Intel has named Andy Bryant – its former CFO and current executive vice president in charge of its technology, manufacturing, and services operation – as vice chairman, and tapped him to become chairman of the board next May. Bryant came to Intel in 1981 after stints at Ford Motor Company and Chrysler – and I know …
Now's a good time to find out it's not about the widget - it's about the people and what the widget can do for them.
Intel needs to figure this out to move forward. They've made good widgets, but that's not the goal any more.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court