Erstwhile Microsoft server and tools biz boss Bob Muglia has taken a job at Juniper Networks – a company headed up by Redmond's one-time platforms and services division Kevin Johnson. Muglia, a veteran of the software giant, was pushed out of MS by CEO Steve Ballmer in January after 23 years of service. Although his departure …
Elop came to MS from Juniper Networks before moving on to destroy Nokia.
Before he was there he was in Macromedia where he oversaw the sale to Adobe.
So we can deduce that MS and Juniper are already quite pally and Elop likes selling big companies to bigger companies.
Why would MS buy Juniper? Skype and Nokia make some sense, but not Juniper. Heck that would be as clever as Cisco buying Flip...Oh wait....
Bob Muglia talks MicroSpeak
independently engineer == clone
"Netscape's object model and scripting language were proprietary .. it was relatively straight-forward for us to independently engineer this and create a compatible implementation in IE 3 .. In contrast, there are some proprietary implementations which haven't been cloned."
The most sinister bit is Juniper creating a role for him.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great