Feeds

back to article Hague promises Foreign Office cyber confab in London

Foreign Secretary Wee Willie Hague is hosting a cybersecurity conference later this year. The two-day event will be held on 1 and 2 November and more than 80 organisations have been invited to attend. Hague said international cooperation was vital to ensure that cyberspace "remains a safe and trusted environment in which to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Pontificating Prats r Us

"But Hague also warned of increasing dangers. He said emails with ZeuS malware were sent to the UK government and "a large number of emails bypassed some of our filters". "

In other words, and it is most inconvenient, some emails actually got delivered to the likes of Wee Willies acting as government. And we can't have that sort of nonsense, can we, Wee Willie.

Get used to it, says we, says I. Hiding behind firewalls and minions is so yesterday man and no way to be behaving in government nowadays.

Hague got one thing right though. There is increased danger for sad and mad and bad fools and especially whenever they wonder and/or wander into fields they haven't a baldy notion on, in creative cyberspace.

What happens whenever one realises that access to governments and their puppets is deliberately restricted so that they can try to plead ignorance of wider developments which could and would render them compromised and revealed as personally unfit for future purpose, is that others elsewhere benefit greatly and that could create even bigger problems for those at home, and especially so whenever the reasons for foreign possession of key and leading home-grown IP is because of all of the above.

Coat

@Amanfrommars

Dear Amanfrommars.

Just recently, I've really started enjoying your posts. I haven't made any attempt whatsoever to decipher them, as I feel this would make them less enjoyable.

That said, I was just remarking on this point the other day. They can't get new talent in, because the people in there hire their nephews or people who are already there but in a different department. Inbreeding like this isn't helpful.

I feel I should rewrite the government policy on NSV.

"In response to complaints by the IT contracting industry, that there is a catch 22 regarding clearance and work, the DVA and Cabinet Office now wishes to offer the following help. Simply be related to someone senior in the civil service, or have a friend who is the (now ex) head of Counter Terrorism forward your application to HR. Anyone wishing to have DV clearance, need do nothing more than get to be the child of someone who has it. We hope this guidance is helpful.

We appreciate the problems with NSV as it funds head count to try to counter it. If we fix the problem, we will naturally lose head count, so please don't hope for an early resolution."

Silver badge

An Incestuous Gene Pool Delivers Abnormalities ... and Cuckoos and Cuckolds in Eagles' Nests

Quite so, AC. I would not disagree that you are probably perfectly correct in your appraisal of the current shambolic and paranoid system with its cosy incestuous arrangements which are surely a self-destructive and paralysing abortion of protocol, resulting in inevitable abuses of power with attendant loss of control by those mentally unfit and unable to lead intelligently.

This topic is closed for new posts.