Mellanox Technologies wants customers to try its new 10GE/40GE switches and converged protocol adapters, but it can't just give hardware away like software vendors can. But what it can do is give beta testers a bundle at a steep discount designed to catch the attention of early adopters impatient for the new kit. The deal is now …
A switch with nothing existing yet to plug into it? I'm sold! Seriously though, this really does seem like it'd be just a bit of a hard sell. Of course, the smartest way to sell them is exactly what Mellanox is doing -- give early adopters a nice discount so they might buy some kit rather than waiting until September.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK