Mellanox Technologies wants customers to try its new 10GE/40GE switches and converged protocol adapters, but it can't just give hardware away like software vendors can. But what it can do is give beta testers a bundle at a steep discount designed to catch the attention of early adopters impatient for the new kit. The deal is now …
A switch with nothing existing yet to plug into it? I'm sold! Seriously though, this really does seem like it'd be just a bit of a hard sell. Of course, the smartest way to sell them is exactly what Mellanox is doing -- give early adopters a nice discount so they might buy some kit rather than waiting until September.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM