Facebook's iPhone client is concealing an iPad application, and a rather good one by all accounts, easily revealed by changing a setting or two while waiting for the official launch. Facebook has said there will be an iPad client, and one based largely on HTML 5, but Canadian student Marvin Bernal discovered that such a client …
Got the 'iPad' app to load, then when i try to log in i can't connect.
Perhaps Facebook are blocking login attempts via it's unofficial offspring? Does anyone have this same problem?
You're not the only one. If I have the App as an iPhone app, it logs in without a problem. If I change it to think it's an iPad app, it refuses to even connect to the facebook server, let alone log me in.
Swapped back and forth a few times just to make sure.
The one teeny tiny drawback is
that the iPhone Facebook app is a bug ridden piece of detrius that crashes more often than a drunken chav in a souped up Nova.
Does it work?
'cos the iphone one doesn't.
You can install faceforward to bypass the block Facbook put in to stop people from logging in
Also, the iPhone app works fine now (at last) - least it does for me since the last update
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it