Facebook's iPhone client is concealing an iPad application, and a rather good one by all accounts, easily revealed by changing a setting or two while waiting for the official launch. Facebook has said there will be an iPad client, and one based largely on HTML 5, but Canadian student Marvin Bernal discovered that such a client …
Got the 'iPad' app to load, then when i try to log in i can't connect.
Perhaps Facebook are blocking login attempts via it's unofficial offspring? Does anyone have this same problem?
You're not the only one. If I have the App as an iPhone app, it logs in without a problem. If I change it to think it's an iPad app, it refuses to even connect to the facebook server, let alone log me in.
Swapped back and forth a few times just to make sure.
The one teeny tiny drawback is
that the iPhone Facebook app is a bug ridden piece of detrius that crashes more often than a drunken chav in a souped up Nova.
Does it work?
'cos the iphone one doesn't.
You can install faceforward to bypass the block Facbook put in to stop people from logging in
Also, the iPhone app works fine now (at last) - least it does for me since the last update
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders